Your privacy matters. We won't ask you for any information; personal or otherwise, that is not critical to the provision of our products and services to you. Likewise, we only store that information for the same reason.
We don't share your personal information except under certain conditions; to develop our products and services to you, when the law compels us to, and to protect our rights.
We provide you with complete control over who accesses the information you submit to the Gaddy service. Additionally, you can add, edit, or delete that information at any time.
Versoworks Pty Ltd (“Versoworks”) operates the Gaddy service. It is Versoworks’ policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our service.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so; for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us, and automatically through operating our Services. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a Gaddy account to provide a name and email address; that’s it.
Public Profile Information:If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your profile. For example, if you have a Gaddy account, your name is part of that profile, along with any other information you put into your profile, such as a photo. Your profile information may be displayed in public, so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us; a subscription, product or license, for example, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you communicate with our staff about a support question.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services, for example, when you create or make changes to your info on the Gaddy service.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform on the Gaddy service; in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site (e.g., [Gaddy username] deleted [title of info] at [time/date]). We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, searches, features enabled for the service, and other parts of our Services) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
- Stored Information: We may access information stored on your mobile device via our mobile app. We access this stored information through your device operating system’s permissions. For example, if you give us permission to access the photographs on your mobile device’s camera roll, our Services may access the photos stored on your device when you upload a really amazing photograph of the sunrise to your website.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services; for example, to set up and maintain your account, or bill you for any of our paid Services.
- To further develop and improve our Services; for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy, or improving existing.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use.
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition; for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time.
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Versoworks and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services.
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Versoworks and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Versoworks and our products.
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users; for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time, and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Basis for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account; for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid service.
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information; for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience.
- You have given us your consent; for example, before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy;
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Versoworks, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: If you send us a request, for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms, we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information such as your name, photo and Gaddy are disclosed publicly when searching for contacts using the Gaddy service. Please keep this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it; which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of Versoworks’ websites, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to Versoworks’ websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data
- Request portability of your personal data
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Controllers and Responsible Companies
Versoworks’ Services are worldwide. Versoworks is the controller for all of the processing
activities across all of our Services worldwide.
Versoworks Pty Ltd
PO BOX 303
How to Reach Us